Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sla's

So got home last night, sat on the couch, and said to my folks (my dad in particular) that I was interested in taking up golf (i had previously played as a junior, but had no patience and really didnt practice/play that much) and having been watching the USPGA at the time, i thought hey I might say I am thinking about buying a set of clubs. So the three of us there talking about golf and my mom says her friend plays golf now and loves it. So my father says to come out next time and have a round of golf using his clubs of course.
This is where it gets interesting or not, I think the reason I never really got into golf was the scoring system. I know about stroke play, thats easy, you shoot a 3 on a par 4 and you go one under - simples, but I could never really understand how the stableford scoring worked, with all the indexes etc etc. I sort of had it figured out but then again i didnt, I was getting some parts of it, but the complexity of it all was too much.



Well this is how I think it works, all holes are indexed 1-18 in terms of difficulty and whatever handicap you play off means you get a shot or shots on a hole, lets say i have a handicap of 25, that would mean I would have 2 shots on holes 1-7 and 1 shot on each remaining hole after (that much I know is right) - what I dont get is the scoring here after - even thinking about it now is making my stomach turn and my brain hurt. I think he should write the rest of it down or if someone out there reads this and can possibly explain it better to me??

So after all that, my stomach is rumbling, of course I havent eaten since that subway yesterday at about 2ish, we talk about pizza, some humming and hawing mostly from me because I am not really sure I want pizza and my folks like papa johns, but there is something quite not right about there tomato sauce (its like cleaning product or how I would imagine that tastes, but sometimes you think you know the taste from the smell, maybe you dont, but I do), then pizza hut is mentioned, and how they got a pizza before and it was smelly?!? God only knows what that means. So i think it over, go to the kitchen, see if i can find something there to eat - plenty of food but nothing I want. So go back in and suggest Sla's (Slatterys Chipper), hmm some battered sausages and chips, its unanimous, and then my dad goes see if they have cod.



I head up to chipper and no cod, said I would have to wait 10 mins or so, belly rumbling, no I will just go with the battered sausages and chips, with salt and vinegar. Hmm so good, bring 'em home, and as if there isnt enough salt on them, I sprinkle some aromat seasoning (the yellow one) on them, just poirfect. Wash it down with a few cans of coors light and bob's your uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment